Let me first say that I do not really like vegetables. I never have. I am trying to be a good, responsible human and eat more of them, especially now that I have a 2 year-old that I want to eat them. I went to my book club last month and the hostess made this and I seriously couldn’t get enough. I think I ate more than anyone else, which was embarrassing, but I was glad I was eating vegetables. This is a really simple dish, but it is so delicious. I couldn’t tell what the crust was made of or what was in it other than the cauliflower, broccoli, and peppers I could see on top.
Start by opening up a tube of refrigerated crescent roll dough. Open it up and smoosh it into a 9×13″ pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
Bake this in a 350 degree F oven for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool.
While my crust was baking, I took the time to chop up my veggies. I chose mini bell peppers, broccoli, and cauliflower. I think cucumber would be awesome as well, though it is a little “wet”, so it might make the crust soggy. The person who originally made this had cut her broccoli, cauliflower, and peppers into tiny little bites that I decided I would do the same thing.
In a bowl combine softened cream or neufchâtel cheese and 3 T. sour cream to help thin it out. Spread this over cooled crust (I used an off-set spatula which made an easy job even easier), then top with veggies.
Store in the refrigerator. I am making this to take to our family 4th of July get together and I am sure it’ll be a hit there too!
- 1 tube refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 block cream or neufchâtel cheese
- 3 T. sour cream or mayonnaise
- veggies (I used broccoli, cauliflower and mini bell peppers)
- Start by opening up a tube of refrigerated crescent roll dough.
- Open it up and smoosh it into a 9x13" pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake this in a 350 degree F oven for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool.
- While my crust was baking, cut up your veggies.
- In a bowl combine softened cream or neufchâtel cheese and 3 T. sour cream or mayonnaise to help thin it out.
- Spread this over cooled crust, then top with veggies.
- Store in the refrigerator.