If you are looking for a dinner that is fast and delicious, you can stop here. These are so easy, and so good – AND they are easy to modify for even the pickiest of eaters.
- Refried Beans
- Shredded Chicken (or ground beef)
- Queso Fresco (or other cheese – queso fresco is just fun to use and feels authentic)
1. Do your prep work: cube your queso fresco, slice your limes into wedges and chop your cilantro. Put these all into bowls.
2. Heat your refried beans and shred your chicken. I used canned chicken to make it even easier – I didn’t notice a difference in taste because there was enough flavor to mask any “canned” flavor. You could also use ground beef, if you prefer.
3. Set everything out and load them up! We take a tostada and spread a layer of refrieds over the top. Then we do a layer of chicken and crumble some queso fresco over the top of that. Then the cilantro, salsa and some lime juice.
There you go! Super easy, very fresh – and one that we can modify to have everyone in our family actually eating dinner. Wahoo!