A friend of mine and I were throwing a baby shower for another friend, and I thought it would be fun to make chicken salad sandwiches, but couldn’t find a recipe that I loved, so I made one of my own. I wanted it to have the right amount of crunch and sweet, but not overwhelming. It turned out really well – hooray! It tastes good on the first day, but if you refrigerate first – overnight even, if possible – it is amazing. It’s fun to snack on, would be great with crackers and is delicious on croissant rolls.
Tangy Chicken Salad
- 4 c. cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 c. diced celery
- 1/2 c. diced green onions (about 2 bunches)
- 1 c. apple, cut into slices and then thinly sliced again into bite-sized pieces
- 3/4 c. craisins
- 1-1/4 c. mayo
- 1 c. miracle whip
- 1 c. sour cream
- 3/8 c. vinegar
1. Combine mayo, miracle whip, sour cream and vinegar into bowl.
2. Throw in your fruits and veggies, and then stir in your chicken.
3. Serve on a croissant, other roll or crackers.
***Again, for best flavor, refrigerate overnight. This lets all of the flavors combine and it tastes awesome!
We had these for dinner tonight, and I ended up eating way too many of these bad boys. When I pretend like there is no fat content in the croissants, then it makes it all seem like it is very reasonable to eat a bunch of them.