I am the opposite of Kate – I LOVE Christmas goodie plates. We are a family that makes a lot of treats, and the holidays are a great excuse for making them, rather than just making them because we need a goodie fix. So, maybe we can be neighbors someday and Kate can bring all of her goodie plates over to our house. We can give them a good home. 😉
As a kid growing up, my husband’s family would make wreaths for treats. We made them for the first time a few years ago, and already made some more this year for treats. They are a fun, easy thing to do. They are the rice krispie treat recipe, but you substitute out corn flakes for rice krispies, add some green food coloring, and decorate with red candies for berries.
- 3 T. butter or margarine
- 1 package (40 oz.) regular marshmallows – OR – 4 c. mini marshmallows
- 6 c. corn flakes
- green food coloring
red candies (we used sour cherries, but have used red hots before too – just something to decorate the wreaths with)
1. In microwave-safe bowl, heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth.
2. Add a few drops of green food coloring to your marshmallow mix.
3. Stir in your corn flakes until they are well-coated.
4. Shape into circles on waxed paper, or some other coated surface. Decorate with candies.