We go through a TON of bananas at my house. In fact, banana was my son’s first word after Momma and Dada. We ate so many, my husband had to buy a bunch just to let them go bad so we could make banana bread. Well, we had over 8 cups of mashed up banana after they had all turned brown. That’s a lot of banana bread. So, I decided to try an old college favorite. These things are seriously addicting, and surprisingly I enjoy these served cold, from the refrigerator. The recipe is pretty simple, just like making a cake.
Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, sour cream, and vanilla, beat until combine.
Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Gradually add to the flour mixture to the creamed mixture.
Stir in the bananas (mushed).
Spread into a greased 15x10x1 inch baking pan.
- 1/2 c butter
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 c sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 c flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup pureed bananas (2-3 medium bananas).
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, sour cream, and vanilla and beat until combine and creamy.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Gradually add to the flour mixture to the creamed mixture
- Stir in the bananas (mushed) and spread into a greased 15x10x1 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let it cool
- Beat the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in enough powdered sugar to achieve the desired consistency.
- Frost the cooled bars.