This pasta salad recipe is very simple. It is one that we just throw things in and bring it to gatherings, and almost every time I get comments about how much people love it, and then they ask for the recipe. At this point I laugh because it is so, so easy, but I guess easy and tasty is good. So, without further ado, here is a very simple (and tasty) pasta salad recipe. This is one that you can have for a light dinner, as a side dish, or to bring to share with friends. It is very kid-friendly (noodles and cheese?! yes please!), which is always a plus, and is quick to throw together.
Simple Pasta Salad
- 1-lb. package spiral pasta
- 1 c. sharp cheddar, cubed
- 1/2 – 1 c. cubed ham (or we will take the ham slices and cut them into smaller pieces)
- 1 Green Pepper, cut into chunks
- Italian Dressing (we use Great Value Fat Free Italian Dressing – this may be the secret ingredient)
1. Cook your pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. As pasta is cooking and cooling, get your cheese, ham and green pepper diced and ready to go. When the pasta has cooled, add the cheese, ham, green pepper, and enough Italian dressing to coat the pasta, but not so much that it is soupy.
3. Store in refrigerator until you are ready to serve. You may need to add some more Italian Dressing just before serving.
See? Super, super easy. Enjoy! 🙂