I love, LOVE peanut butter and chocolate. LOVE. I saw this recipe from I Heart Naptime and knew it would be a great one to try. These were addictive. You can use the pre-bought graham cracker crumbs, or just put whole graham crackers into a gallon-sized ziploc bag and crush the crackers by rolling over them with a rolling pin. Easy peasy, and so much less expensive.
My one addition to the original recipe would be to add a tablespoon of peanut butter to the chocolate topping. I felt like the original recipe was a little too tough to handle with the very snappy top layer and the creamy bottom layer. Some may prefer the contrast, but I love the extra peanut butter in the chocolate and I feel like it helps the textures to meld a little better.
These are such an easy, no-brainer, wonderful no-bake dessert – this is a great recipe to keep on hand!
- 1 c. salted butter (melted)
- 2 c. keebler graham cracker crumbs (or just crush your own)
- ¼ c. brown sugar
- 1-3/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 c. peanut butter (plus 1 T. to add to topping, if desired)
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 (11 oz) bag milk chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients EXCEPT the chocolate chips. Stir until well combined.
- Dump the mixture into a 9x13 pan.
- In a separate bowl, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave (50% power) for 1-2 minutes. Give it a stir to make sure the chocolate is all melted, add the extra tablespoon of peanut butter (if desired), then pour over your peanut butter mixture.
- Refrigerate bars for at least an hour. You'll want to cut the bars while they are cooled to help keep their form.