Easter is hands down one of my favorite Holidays. There’s a big meal, and you get to relax with family with out the pressure of buying presents. I’ve been looking for some new dishes to add to my Easter meal this year and came across a recipe a friend from college handed down to me. We celebrated Easter as roommates one year because no one had time to go home and this dish stole the show. Plus I love the bright color it adds to the dinner table. I altered the recipe just a little and used less butter and more honey. I’m just that kind of girl.
- 1 lb carrots
- 4 oranges (or two oranges and 3/4 cup orange juice)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and slice carrots
- Grate the zest of 2 oranges, then peel and pull apart the 2 zested oranges into segments
- Juice the remaining two oranges
- In a large sauce pan, add the sliced carrots and orange juice.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer until the carrots are tender.
- Add orange slices and honey and orange zest.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.