This recipe is great! I hadn’t tried making homemade cranberry sauce before, and thought I would give it a try this year. We tried it for Thanksgiving, and have already made it again since then. So yummy. The original recipe came from here, but I tweaked and modified it from the reader comments and from my own personal tastes to come up with this.
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 3/4 c. orange juice (see notes)
- 1/4 c. water
- 1-12 oz. package of fresh cranberries
- Mix sugar, brown sugar, orange juice and water into a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add the cranberries and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving dish. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
With orange juice from concentrate, I would suggest doing 1/2 c. orange juice and 1/2 c. water to keep the flavor from being too overwhelming. We did this the first time we made it and it turned out having a good balance of flavor.