I found these lemon bars a few years ago in a Taste of Home magazine, and fell in love. They are SO good. I like lemon bars, but I LOVE these ones. They taste so fresh, and the crust is fabulous.
Lovely Lemon Bars
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. grated lime peel (takes about 1 large lime)
- 1-3/4 c. flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 c. lemon juice (takes 2-3 large lemons)
- 2 tsp. grated lemon peel (takes about 1 large lemon)
- powdered sugar
1. In a large bowl, cream butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in lime peel. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
2. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or just until edges are lightly browned.
3. Meanwhile, in another large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Combine the flour and baking powder. Gradually add to egg mixture. Stir in lemon juice and peel; beat until frothy. Pour over hot crust.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar. Store in the refrigerator.
Happy Valentine’s Day! Enjoy!!