One of the best things about the summer is grilling. I do not enjoy using my oven much during the summer because it is just too hot. When a friend made this chicken for my husband and I, I knew I had to have the recipe and add it to my summer repertoire.
Here are the ingredients for the marinade: EVOO, limes, honey, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
Combine all ingredients except for chicken. Here’s what I’ve learned about limes. The limes with the thin, smooth skin usually are juicier than the limes with thick skin. Also, be sure to zest them before you squeeze the juice out. I made the mistake once of juicing, then zesting and once was all it took to remember that forever. Mix together and pour into a bag.
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. fresh squeezed lime juice (2 limes)
- zest of both limes
- 2 T. honey
- 1/2 t. cayenne pepper
- 1 t. kosher salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- Combine all ingredients except for chicken. Mix together and pour into a bag.
- Add in chicken. Marinate for 2-4 hours.
- Grill to perfection and enjoy.