This week my husband asked me to try something new and different for dinner. He must be tired of my spaghetti, tacos, and soup rotations. So I pulled out a favorite cook book (Crock Pot Best-Loved Slow Cooker Recipes) and tried the first recipe I had all the ingredients for and my husbands taste buds were pleased. I was happy too because it was easy to make and easy to clean up. This could easily be made in an oven if you are like me and don’t plan a head most days.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups honey
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Place chicken in crock pot, season with salt and pepper.
- Combine honey, soy sauce, ketchup, oil, and garlic in a medium bowl then pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours.
- *For the oven, place chicken and sauce in a oven safe 13x9 dish, and cook for 45 minutes to an hour.