These enchiladas are REALLY good. I found them at Six Sisters’ Stuff, and my sister Jen made a couple of modifications to make it even better (thanks Jen!). Here it is in all of it’s glory:
See? They even look so good. I actually saw pictures of the carrot cake too when I was uploading this, and I am having all sorts of cravings right now for yumminess………
Green Chili & Pepper Jack Enchiladas (see bottom for modifications for mild, medium & HOT)
- 8 soft flour tortillas
- 2 c. cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 c. pepper jack cheese*** (see below for spiciness modifications)
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder*** (optional – for an extra kick)
- 3 T. butter
- 3 T. flour
- 2 c. chicken broth (or 2 c. water with 2 dissolved chicken bullion cubes)
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 (4-oz.) can of green chiles
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 pan using non-stick cooking spray.
2. Mix cooked chicken, chili powder (optional) and 1 cup of cheese together. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
3. In a medium sauce pan: melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream, green chiles, black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 20-22 minutes and then place under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.
Yuuuuuuummy, yum, yum. These are a family favorite.
***Here are the modifications:
HOT: Use habanero pepper jack cheese & chili powder
Medium: Use normal pepper jack cheese & chili powder
Mild: Use Monterrey Jack cheese and omit the chili powder.