Its official. My favorite season is here! Soup season! You can expect to see all sorts of delicious soup coming up on here because soup is just one of those things in life we all need more of. I love chicken noodle soup, but I especially love a creamier version I found in the Lion House Cookbook. If you are looking for more of a classic version, check out Kat’s Turkey Noodle Soup here. But I can promise you this creamy version won’t disappoint. I also love using the home style noodles for this recipe. Egg noodles work just fine, but something about the home style noodles add that much more comfort to this ultimate comfort food.
- 3 cups water
- 3 teaspoons chicken soup base or bouillon cubes
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken
- 2 1/2 ounces cooked noodles (about 4 cups)
- Salt and Pepper to taste (I always add a sprinkle of poultry seasoning to taste as well)
- Heat chicken water and chicken soup base together.
- Add carrots, celery and onion and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Add cream of chicken soup and milk. Stir until combine.
- Add noodles and chicken.
- Add seasonings to taste.
- Makes about 10 one cup servings.