Since apple season is in FULL swing here, I thought I would share this awesome recipe that I found from Tammy’s Recipes. I wanted to find a recipe that I could make from home with whatever I had on hand, instead of having to run to the store whenever we needed a caramel apple fix. I almost didn’t put the cinnamon in at the end, but the cinnamon MAKES this recipe. It is easy, and SO good!
Cinnamon Caramel Apple Dip
- 1/2 c. butter (margarine turns out fine too)
- 1-1/2 c. brown sugar
- 3/4 c. light corn syrup
- 1-14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1. Melt butter on low heat in a 2-qt. saucepan.
2. Add brown sugar, corn syrup and sweetened condensed milk. Turn heat up to medium and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. I used a whisk to stir, mainly because I didn’t want the caramel to melt a plastic spoon.
3. Once it boils, remove from heat and add vanilla and cinnamon.
This has a really nice consistency. As it cools down, it will harden. You can store it in the refrigerator and warm it in the microwave if you need a softer caramel for dipping or drizzling.