I love cinnamon, but especially so around Christmas time. I have a hard time walking past a cinnamon candied nut stand without seriously considering buying some. Luckily for me and all of you, they are very simple to make and would make a nice nutty addition to your neighbor gift plate. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com, although I’m pretty sure the recipe and instructions are similar anywhere else you might look on the internet.
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 c. white sugar
- 1 T. ground cinnamon
- 2 c. whole nuts (I used pecans leftover from pecan pie)
- Combine the water, sugar, and cinnamon in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then add your nuts.
- Cook and stir your mixture until the liquid evaporates. It will go from a liquid, to a syrup, to almost a stringy texture before it's done. Trust me, you'll know when it's time to pull them off of the heat.
- Cover a cookie sheet with waxed paper. Pour your nuts on the waxed paper and allow to cool. They are delicious while warm, but even better if you can wait for the coating to harden completely.
- Your neighbors will be begging for more!