This gem of a recipe has become a staple in our household. The best thing is that it’s made in the crockpot, so it’s literally a dump everything in and go kind of recipe. The original is here, but I have tweaked it a bit.
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 10-ounce package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow, green, or red bell pepper
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 10-ounce can enchilada sauce
- 1 10.75-ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used skim)
- 1 cup shredded Pepperjack cheese
- Spray your slow cooker with a non-stick spray. This will help your clean up to go much more quickly.
- Combine the drained black beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, and bell pepper in your slow cooker.
- Place your chicken breasts on top.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the enchilada sauce and cream of chicken soup. Whisk in the milk until everything is smooth and incorporated. Pour on top of the rest of the ingredients. Don't worry about stirring, just let it be.
- About 1/2 hour prior to serving your meal, remove the chicken and shred it. Once shredded, put back into your soup. Add in your shredded cheese as well.
- We like to top ours with tortilla chips. Sour cream and additional cheese would also be delicious.