Yesterday I found this fabulous recipe for a fancy spin on pork chops and applesauce. I have to admit, I am not a huge fan of pork chops and applesauce, but this dressed up version was delicious. In fact, I’ve made it twice this month already. I love that it is so quick (we’re talking 20 minutes tops) for a fancier meal. This would be an awesome and easy way to impress that special someone on valentines day too. 🙂
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, about 3/4 inch thick
- Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 2 granny smith apples, cored and sliced into thin wedges
- 4 TBSP butter
- chopped pecans (optional)
- Heat frying pan over medium high heat.
- Lightly brush pork chops with vegetable oil.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes on each side until evenly browned.
- In a small mixing bowl combine, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add butter to skillet and stir in the apples and brown sugar mixture. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until apples are tender and the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Serve apples and sauce over pork chops.
This recipe comes from Barton and Sons of Barton Fruit.