This weekend we had a memorial day barbeque, despite a rainy day. I found a recipe for BBQ baked beans and I was pleased enough with how they turned out that I thought I’d share. If you are looking for a skinny dish, this is NOT it. This recipe is all about the bacon.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 yellow onion, medium diced
- 3 15 oz cans pork and beans
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. bbq sauce
- 1/2 c. crushed pineapple, drained (add some juice if you'd like for a little extra kick).
- In a large pan, cook the bacon until crispy and set aside.
- Do not discard the bacon fat! Brown the onion in the left over bacon fat and add beans and all remaining ingredients.
- Stir ingredients until combine.
- Transfer bean mixture to a oven safe dish.
- Crumble bacon on top.
- Bake low and slow at 300 for 2 hours.